Chinese Influencer Dies Drinking live-streaming video goes viral, after drinking bottles of Chinese spirit Baijiu. In recent news, it was reported that a Chinese Influencer dies after gulping 7 bottles of Chinese Vodka during a live stream. He participated in a challenge that involves drinking Baijiu, a Chinese spirit with a typical alcohol content of between 30% to 60%. You are required to read the article and continue reading for more details. Follow us around for all the insights.
A Chinese social media influencer died less than 12 hours after consuming seven bottles of Baijiu, known as ‘Chinese vodka’, during a live stream on Douyin, China’s version of TikTok. Notably, the 34-year-old influencer known as “Sanqiange” started a drinking challenge on the Chinese social media platform live at about 1 am, on May 16. The challenge involved drinking Baijiu, a Chinese spirit with a typical alcohol content of between 30% to 60%.
Chinese Influencer Dies Drinking live-streaming video
The PK challenges involve one-on-one battles in which influencers compete with each other to win rewards and gifts from viewers, and often involve punishments for the loser, apparently in this case, drinking Baijiu.
His friend informed him that he has no idea at what quantity he consumed alcohol but he said that in the end, he finished three bottles before starting on a fourth. The Chinese media reported that he drank at least 7 bottles of Baijiu spirits, as per viewers, and was found dead 12 hours after his broadcast.
Reportedly, when his family found him, he was already gone and he did not even get a chance for emergency treatment. Shangyou News confirmed that he died because of excessive drinking and had been cremated that morning.
As per the reports, Douyin does not allow drinking during live streams with penalties ranging from warnings to users being restricted from livestream competitions and being shown on the app. Previously, the influencer had been banned from the app for drinking issues, but he surpassed the ban by opening new accounts. He also had a history of filming himself taking part in similar contests involving alcohol and posting them on the app. Therefore, his demise has now sparked huge scrutiny of the safety and regulations of such apps.